Next training dates
We're currently finalising our training dates for 2020 so please register your interest here and we'll drop you an email when new dates are set.
RSN’s access to higher education (HE) training for practitioners enables participants to:
- Grapple with the particular difficulties that young refugees and asylum seekers face in accessing, remaining and progressing in HE
- Understand what different young people with a variety of immigration statuses are entitled to re: fee status, student finance, scholarships, grants and other forms of support
- Learn about the latest legal and policy developments affecting access to HE for this group of young people
- Grow in ability to meet the support needs of young refugees and asylum seekers attempting to progress to university, including tips about advocating on their behalf with local authorities and universities
- Consider alternative progression routes and funding options for young people who are not eligible for home fee status/student finance
- Share best practice and practical information about how to help young people from asylum-seeking backgrounds to move forward
This training is ideal for:
- University staff (especially Widening Participation and Admissions staff)
- Student ambassadors
- Social workers
- Teachers/careers advisors from schools and colleges
- Youth workers from refugee support organisations
- Anyone else who is trying to support young people from asylum-seeking backgrounds to progress to HE
"My knowledge and confidence have definitely increased. This was a fantastic session which deserves a very high profile. Its strength was in communicating complex information in a clear and useable way. I will definitely recommend this to colleagues." (Anna, university staff member)
What about in house or bespoke training?
We are happy to come and run training in house or to adapt our training to your particular needs. Our in house prices are typically £850 for a 3 hour session for up to 15 people, with lower rates available for voluntary sector groups. However, please get in touch with Emily Bowerman to discuss your specific training needs and your available budget.
What other training does RSN run?
We offer training on a range of other topics, including further education for young asylum seekers and refugees. Find out more here.