What is specialist educational support?
We offer drop-in and appointment based support sessions (London only) to provide:
- Advice and guidance on educational rights and entitlements relating to young peoples' immigration status
- Longer-term advocacy and support work with young people facing barriers to access, remaining and progressing in education
- Support to create and implement educational action plans
- Psycho-social support for those who are struggling to remain in education due to mental health difficulties
Who is specialist educational support for?
- Young asylum seekers, refugees and survivors of trafficking who are under the age of 24
- Those at key stages of transition in life which pose challenges to accessing, remaining or progessing in education
- For face to face support work, you must live in London and be willing to travel for appointments
- Those living outside of London (but must be in the UK), we can offer educational support, advice and guidance through email or over the phone.
How can you get specialist educational support?
If you are a young person wishing to access our advice and guidance or if you are a professional wishing to refer a young person to our specialist educational support work team, please get in touch with Hannah Elwyn.