Who can I turn to if I need support with my mental health and wellbeing?

It’s really important to seek support and speak to someone for your mental health and wellbeing. For many students, university is a time of transition and you may be away from familiar environments and social networks. For many people, this is a big change and can sometimes feel overwhelming. 

Here are some suggested ways of finding support:

1. Your university is likely to have wellbeing services available for students, such as counselling and advice sessions. Contact your Student Services department, Student Union or personal tutor for more details.

2. See your GP - they will be able to refer you for local NHS mental health services, such as CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services).

3. Peer support groups may be available at your university - speak with your Student Union for more information about what is available. Student Action for Refugees (STAR) may also have a student group at your university.

4. The NHS have a list of helplines available for anyone seeking support for their mental health.

5. Samaritans provide a free and confidential 24-hour helpline for anyone in emotional distress on 116 123.

Back to FAQs

Refugee Support Network is a charity registered in England & Wales under charity number 1132509 and company number 06879651 at 1st Floor, The Salvation Army Building, London NW10 4JJ. We use cookies to improve your experience using this website. To learn more, read our privacy policy.
Log in | Powered by White Fuse