Our Specialist Education Support Work programme works with young refugees, asylum seekers and survivors of human trafficking with the information and support that they need in order to get into, do well and stay in education.
What is specialist educational support?
- Advice and guidance on educational rights and entitlements relating to young peoples' immigration status
- Longer-term advocacy and support work with young people facing barriers to access, remaining and progressing in education
- Support to create and implement edcuational action plans
- Psycho-social support for those who are struggling to remain in education due to mental health difficulties
Who can RSN support in this way?
- Young asylum seekers, refugees and survivors of trafficking who are under the age of 24
- Those at key stages of transition in life which pose challenges to accessing, remaining or progessing in education
- For face to face support work, you must live in London and be willing to travel for appointments
- Those living outside of London (but must be in the UK), we can offer educational support, advice and guidance through email or over the phone.
How can you get specialist educational support?